Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences & Research is a Government owned Autonomous Institute and is offering super specialty treatment to all Cardiac patients. It has got 600 bed strength with State of Art equipments in the form of 5 Cathlabs, 7 Operation Theaters, Non-Invasive Laboratories and 24 hours ICU facilities. Presently on an average 800-1000 patients are visiting this hospital every day and annually 25,500 In patients are treated. About 3000 Open Heart Surgeries, 10500 Coronary Angiograms, 4000 Procedures including Angioplasties and Valvuloplasties are done in this hospital.
Library is located in an First floor of administration Block which is one of the repository of medical knowledge and an integral part of the institution. It is rich in its collection. starting with the closed-access of earlier times to the present–day hybrid, digital and Electronic Library that use the latest technology for provision of information through various services. With dedicated Library staff the library is servicing the medical user community with the right medical information at right time. The library has developed the resources and collection that is required for the student community of the institution.
The Digital library facility was fully established last year.. Four old computers are upgraded to latest configured twenty two computers. The Library has its own Internet connection and E-Mail facilities catering to the needs of the faculty members and students. The library provided E-Journals and E-Books facility through HELINET Consortium provided by RGUHS on payment of annual subscription.
Library Building :
Library has 3500 Sq. ft. of floor area with provision for textbooks section, reference section, stock area, back volume area, periodical section,, reprographic section, computer workstation with internet facility to access e-resources, newspaper reading room. And Librarian work station
Duties of Members:
- Always carry your SJICR Library Door access card when coming to the library.
- Do not damage any material in the library.
- Do not tear, fold or underline pages of books, journals or magazines.
- Inform Library-In-charge if anyone is found involved in any suspicious activity in the library premises.
- Maintain silence in the library premises.
- Return documents on time.
- Do not dislocate documents from its position on the shelves, if not required for consultation.
- Be polite and gentle in your demeanour .
- Borrowers have to observe the physical condition of the books/journals before borrowing and return them in the same condition. Any damage at the time of issue should be informed to the issuing staff, otherwise they will be held responsible for any damage noticed at the time of returning.
- Keep your library, clean. Drop all the wastes in the waste bins provided inside the Library, Request others to do the same.